Just 35 km from Pucón, this national park is located in a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Known for the cristalline waters of Lakes Tinquilco, Toro, Verde and Chico, you will pass through thousand year old Araucaria forests, thundering waterfalls and may even have a chance to spot Magellanic woodpeckers and other endemic bird species.
We will camp within the national park for one night before continuing on the next day to the Rio Blanco hot springs where a barbecue awaits before our transport will collect us to head back to Pucón.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS AND RESERVATIONS
- SEASON: October to April. Dependent on weather conditions.
- DURATION: 2 days / 1 night
- LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: Medium to hard. Not as difficult as the Villarrica Volcano ascent, but there is significant uphill on the first day so a good level of fitness is required.
- FOR: Hikers and trekkers with good fitness level
- GROUP SIZE: Minimum 6
- INCLUDED: Return transport, professional bilingual guide (English & Spanish), National park entrance fee, 2 person tents, Day 1: snack & dinner, Day 2: breakfast & BBQ
- WHAT TO BRING: Sleeping bags, sleeping mats, hiking boots, head torch, sun protection, hat, personal belongings, personal snacks and layered clothing
- NOTES: Reservations for this activity must be made at least two days in advance.
Other Adventures & Excursions
River RaftingFrom class II to Class IV
Villarrica Volcano AscentA Once in a Lifetime Experience
CanyoningPure Adrenaline and Safety
Pucón TourExplore Pucón´s Main Atractions
Huerquehue National ParkImmersed in The Araucarias Biosphere Reserve
Chilean BBQ ExperienceAt Willi´s Place in Los Nevados
Hotsprings TourRelax and Soak in Hote Mineral Waters
“The Only Outfitter You Need in Pucon” There are so many different outfitters to choose from. Rather than surfing the internet ad nauseam to figure out which one to go with, make it easy on yourself and just go with Sol y Nieve. Enjoy!
DestinationUnknown70 // TripAdvisor
“Amazing experience, very professional & safe guides, great kit” We were recommended this company by our first choice - aguadventura - who were oversubscribed. I cannot rate them highly enough. Our group size was really small, 5 with 2 guides. When you compare this to the enormous groups of 20+ - all trekking up in a slow procession, which looked really dull, I think we had a great deal!
alice_beverly // UK - Tripadvisor
“Very Profesional, Great experience, best Value!” We climbed the Villarrica Volcano with this agency, and I must say that the experience was superlative. From the beginning John Barriga, the manager, gave us a very precise and professional briefing on how our journey was going to be. We were taken on a bus to the foot mountain and set off for our adventure. The guides are excellent and the clothing and other equipment we had, were very good. This agency is not the cheapest of the city, but it is certainly one of the best, if not the best of Pucon.
Robert S // TripAdvisor