If you are looking to get off the beaten track and head out into the wilderness where most others do not tread then this is the perfect 3 day / 2 nights excursion. Day 1 involves a 6-8 hour trek from Palguin, just outside Pucón, to Laguna Azul at the base of the Quetrupillan volcano. This lake is one of the most beautiful in the region and will be the backdrop for the first nights camp. If time and weather permit, we can guide you to the top of the volcano.
After breakfast on Day 2 the trek will continue through the Villarrica National Park for another 6-8 hours. Our goal for that day is to arrive to one of the glaciers within the park where you will enjoy outstanding views of the local area before dusk and another evening of rest and reflection on the amazing day.
On Day 3 we will start to head down and out of the national park through ancient endemic forests with more stunning views of our area. A traditional Chilean barbecue will await you at the end of this trek.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS AND RESERVATIONS
- SEASON: November until the first snow (usually late April). Dependent on weather conditions.
- DURATION: 3 days / 2 nights
- LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: Medium to hard. Not as difficult as the Villarrica Volcano ascent, but there are significant uphill sections so a good level of fitness is required.
- FOR: Hikers and trekkers with good fitness level
- GROUP SIZE: Minimum 6
- INCLUDED: Return transport, professional bilingual guide (English & Spanish), horses to carry your gear, porters, National park entrance fee, 2 person tents, Day 1: snack & dinner, Day 2: breakfast, snack & dinner, Day 3: breakfast & snack
- WHAT TO BRING: Sleeping bags, sleeping mats, hiking boots, head torch, sun protection, hat, personal belongings, personal snacks and layered clothing
- NOTES: Reservations for this activity must be made at least two days in advance.
Other Adventures & Excursions
River RaftingFrom class II to Class IV
Villarrica Volcano AscentA Once in a Lifetime Experience
CanyoningPure Adrenaline and Safety
Pucón TourExplore Pucón´s Main Atractions
Huerquehue National ParkImmersed in The Araucarias Biosphere Reserve
Chilean BBQ ExperienceAt Willi´s Place in Los Nevados
Hotsprings TourRelax and Soak in Hote Mineral Waters
“The Only Outfitter You Need in Pucon” There are so many different outfitters to choose from. Rather than surfing the internet ad nauseam to figure out which one to go with, make it easy on yourself and just go with Sol y Nieve. Enjoy!
DestinationUnknown70 // TripAdvisor
“Amazing experience, very professional & safe guides, great kit” We were recommended this company by our first choice - aguadventura - who were oversubscribed. I cannot rate them highly enough. Our group size was really small, 5 with 2 guides. When you compare this to the enormous groups of 20+ - all trekking up in a slow procession, which looked really dull, I think we had a great deal!
alice_beverly // UK - Tripadvisor
“Very Profesional, Great experience, best Value!” We climbed the Villarrica Volcano with this agency, and I must say that the experience was superlative. From the beginning John Barriga, the manager, gave us a very precise and professional briefing on how our journey was going to be. We were taken on a bus to the foot mountain and set off for our adventure. The guides are excellent and the clothing and other equipment we had, were very good. This agency is not the cheapest of the city, but it is certainly one of the best, if not the best of Pucon.
Robert S // TripAdvisor